Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBC fault?! ASAP help

90K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tonycote 
#1 ·
what is the TBC fault? its coming up on the dash by the speedo and stuff. I haven't had time to search it. truck is a 06 HD 114K on it its tuned but not sure by who its on the PCM and it is going to get set back to factory. I think its from the tune. thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
Nope no trailer is hooked up. it rarely ever has a trailer hooked on it. that makes sense... Trailer break controller fault. Now that you say that it comes on when your slowing down.

yeah some idiot was saying it had to do with the turbo... I'm like if it was to the turbo I would know this thing has lots of power and in order for that you need a turbo to support you...

#8 ·
My 06 did the same thing,and wouldnt start...had it towed to ford,they replaced trailer wire harness,and also my high pressure injector regulator and standpipes....not sure if the last couple had anything to do with TBC fault...lol.....

about 4 weeks before it died and the TBC fault came up on dash,when cranking motor it took a helluva long time to turn over......those were my symptoms,not sure what you experienced before hand...this happened in july 2010!!Are you in a no start situation?

#10 ·
My 06 did the same thing,and wouldnt start...had it towed to ford,they replaced trailer wire harness,and also my high pressure injector regulator and standpipes....not sure if the last couple had anything to do with TBC fault...lol.....
They did not... they were your problem to the hard/no start you had.

TBC fault has to do with trailer wiring, it has nothing to do with the engine.

When I bought my truck i had TBC fault light on, but the truck ran perfect...
ended up being that previous owner hit the plug and smashed it causing all of the fuses to blow because of short in the wiring when it got crushed.

something with wiring or fuses causes the TBC fault code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.