Who should I buy injectors from? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who should I buy injectors from?

Had an injector fail, or so I think, last thursday night on the way up to the mountains with four wheelers in tow. Of course this stuff never happens in town. Anyway, heavy black and white smoke, what sounds like a horrible valve tap, drivers side, and a cylinder #6 contribution code. I kinda figured this was comin but didn't know when. The very rough cold starts and the horrible "valve tapping" sound from the driver side, when started cold, were my indications but didn't know which cylinder it was gonna be and how long it would last. No, I never had an active scan done and now I know I should have to pin-point it and fix it before it failed. Oh well, hind sight is always 20-20
What I'm lookin for now is, does anybody have any suggestions or advise on who to go to for a new injector. I was going to just go to Ford but figured I'd check to see if there is somebody who builds em with better parts or anybody whose got experiences. Thanks for your help guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Came up with another question while researching. Some of the manufacturers have stated that one injector failure usually means the other ones are not far behind and replacement of all is recommended. Does this hold any weight or should I see what kind of failure occured before I blow that much money on replacing all 8 at the same time.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM

i have 8 03 injectors with only 9k miles on them I can sell you. If youre interested you can PM me.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM

I just picked up a new injector for my 03 today at the local dealership...$240 plus tax and a $180 refundable core charge.
I asked the diesel tech the same question about more failing.He says it's not always the case and no need to spend more than I have to.They has my truck on the computer last week and the only thing wrong was my number 2 injector.I'll be starting on it in the morning once it warms up a lil....the low is 20 tonight in south Georgia.To think we were wearing shorts Christmas day
Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtgun View Post
I just picked up a new injector for my 03 today at the local dealership...$240 plus tax and a $180 refundable core charge.
I asked the diesel tech the same question about more failing.He says it's not always the case and no need to spend more than I have to.They has my truck on the computer last week and the only thing wrong was my number 2 injector.I'll be starting on it in the morning once it warms up a lil....the low is 20 tonight in south Georgia.To think we were wearing shorts Christmas day
I was kinda thinkin it depended on the failure. The funny thing is, I was doin stuff to try and prevent the failure. I letterally just did the fuel pressure upgrade, 6.4 banjos, and fuel pump. I also did a flush at the same time with stuff called envirotech that a frend of mine swore would cure the cold sticky injector. less than 500 miles later it failed. maybe I did somethin wrong but I wasnt having any run issues, just rough cold starts. Is there a way to purge the fuel system at the injectors to prevent dry start after servicing things like the injectors or the banjos. being a dead end fuel system I dont think there is but thats the only thing I could think maybe caused the final failure.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM

Bump this up.

I need an injector or two. I will be away at Yamaha training this coming week, and will be fixing it next week.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelaiman View Post
I was kinda thinkin it depended on the failure. The funny thing is, I was doin stuff to try and prevent the failure. I letterally just did the fuel pressure upgrade, 6.4 banjos, and fuel pump. I also did a flush at the same time with stuff called envirotech that a frend of mine swore would cure the cold sticky injector. less than 500 miles later it failed. maybe I did somethin wrong but I wasnt having any run issues, just rough cold starts. Is there a way to purge the fuel system at the injectors to prevent dry start after servicing things like the injectors or the banjos. being a dead end fuel system I dont think there is but thats the only thing I could think maybe caused the final failure.
RevX has been the thing to really cure injector stiction, and that's on the oil side, not fuel side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.