Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suspect FICM need opinions
Suspect FICM at fault but wanted other opinions. Truck history, 2006 with 86000 miles. Always plugged in when Outside Air Temperature (OAT) is 40 degrees or lower. Never had a morning start issue, but the last couple of nights returning home from work tripped the following.
1st night after sitting (unplugged for 8 Hours) after normal start and warm up and reaching 45 MPH check engine light illuminated. Engine ran fine, continued driving until reaching home. Upon arriving home DTC P0279 #7 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low was successfully erased. Next morning and drive into work uneventful.
2nd night after sitting (unplugged for 8 Hours) OAT at 35 degrees. During start, engine would light off for a second then flame out. Several attempts were made until a successful start and normal warm up accomplished. Check engine light illuminated and remained on from first attempted start. The following DTC’s were successfully erased in order my scan tool presented.
1. P2614 Camshaft Position Signal Output Circuit Open
2. P0261 #1 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
3. P0264 #2 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
4. P0267 #3 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
5. P0270 #4 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
6. P0273 #5 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
7. P0276 #6 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
8. P0279 #7 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
9. P0282 #8 Cylinder Injector Circuit Low
10. P2614 Camshaft Position Signal Output Circuit Open
11. P2617 Camshaft Position Signal Output Circuit Open
I have not yet attempted to trouble shoot the FICM, voltage output, floating battery voltage, yet. What is troubling me are the Cam position signal code(s). Is it possible to trip Cam position codes during failed starts? If so what are the differences between codes P2614 and P2617? Lastly is it possible for the FICM to trip a single injector and it still be at fault?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by hdjetmech; 01-13-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Reason: Problem Solved