P2552 CODE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
P2552 CODE

Okay just replaced my ficm now i'm getting code p2552 i've checked all wires about three times now and haven't noticed any loss in power. the turbo psi gauge is acting strange now (reached about 27 psi never has before) any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 08:04 PM
information regurgitator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2552: FICMM (fuel injector control module monitor) Circuit-Throttle/Fuel Inhibit circuit
Here is what it is and what it does:

Quote:
Signal Function:

The diesel engine power monitor (DEPM) strategy resides in the transmission module (TCM) located inside the powertrain control module (PCM). The function of the DEPM is to monitor the engine RPM when there is no power demand from the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor.
Under normal engine idle operation the DEPM RPM value must always be higher than the engine RPM. In the event that the engine RPM does not exceed the DEPM limit, the DEPM disables the crankshaft and camshaft output signal sent to the PCM to the FICM.

Detection/Management:

The FICMM input line informs the diesel engine power monitor (DEPM) when the injectors are turned on and off. When the FICMM line is either shorted or open, the monitor strategy assumes that the fuel injectors are always turned on and sets DTC P2552. When P2552 is set, the DEPM may set DTC P0148. When DTC P0148 is set, DTC's P2614 (CMPO failure) and P2617 (CKPO failure) may also set. If DTC's P2614 or P2617 are set with P0148, do not attempt to diagnose the CMPO or CKPO circuits. DTC's P1378 or P1379 (FICM voltage) may also cause DTC's P2552, P0148, P2614 and/or P2617 to be set.
By reading the pinpoint tests, it sounds as though there is a short somewhere in the harness between the FICM and the PCM. Check that harness over for any signs of chafing. If you have a multimeter and can find a pinout diagram for the FICM and PCM connectors, I will copy paste all the pinpoint tests if you need.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Could that cause the transmission to shift weird?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MILLS View Post
Could that cause the transmission to shift weird?
I'm sure that it could.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Premium Member

could the new ficm cause that? shoud i see if they'll give me a new one?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
information regurgitator

By reading the pinpoint tests, most of them point to this being a harness issue and not a FICM issue.
If you have a friend close by with a 6.0, you could try another FICM. I imagine it could be an internal FICM issue as well.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Carbon huffing animal

Quote:
could the new ficm cause that? shoud i see if they'll give me a new one?
I may be wrong, but I though a new FICM needed to be programmed with the correct strategy of ECM. I didn't think you could just buy a new FICM and slap it in.... It's been a long time since I read what makes me think this, so I may be off base a little too.....
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
I may be wrong, but I though a new FICM needed to be programmed with the correct strategy of ECM. I didn't think you could just buy a new FICM and slap it in.... It's been a long time since I read what makes me think this, so I may be off base a little too.....
Good point. If he has a NEW FICM from Ford, then yes, it would have to be programmed to work properly. But if it was a repaired unit, it should work.
Guess I should have asked the definition of "new FICM" here...
When my FICM took a dirt nap on me about a month ago, I got one from a forum member that was on an 03 model. It works just fine in my 06 (actually it runs better now than when I had the 06 FICM). I doubt the 03 had the same ECM strategy, though anything is possible.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

I have the original one it was repaired. i had a p0611 code had it repaired and started getting p2552 code now. something isn't right about it.(can't quite put my finger on it) it doesn't seem to have lost any power though. transmission seems to be shifting strange also though. seems like it couldn't find the right gear. and my turbo psi gauge started moving with the rpm gauge and went up to about 30 at wot. it used to stay around 10 wheather its idling or the rpm's where around 3000 so i'm clueless

Last edited by JD_MILLS; 01-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Carbon huffing animal

Quote:
I have the original one it was repaired. i had a p0611 code had it repaired and started getting p2552 code now. something isn't right about it.(can't quite put my finger on it) it doesn't seem to have lost any power though. transmission seems to be shifting strange also though. seems like it couldn't find the right gear. and my turbo psi gauge started moving with the rpm gauge and went up to about 30 at wot. it used to stay around 10 wheather its idling or the rpm's where around 3000 so i'm clueless
Boost at idle should not be more that 1 psi, so 10 means either a faulty gauge or wiring. 27-30 at WOT is normal, 4-6 during steady driving on level ground, and as high as 14 - 17 while driving up hill, holding speed, more if accelerating up hill.

It sounds like you may have a the 6.0 electrical boogieman living under your hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.