Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector Repair

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mattlinke 
#1 ·
Hello all --

I am new to this forum, at least for posting. I signed up a while ago when my Lady bought her '02 7.3.

Anyhow. I may be getting an '04 6.0 F350 very soon for next to nothing as far as cost.

Currently the truck just sits, as it has at least one (probably more) bad injectors.

My question is, where is the best and most cost effective place to have them rebuilt/serviced? I dont need to drive the truck until its back in running condition or anything so shipping them out is fine. I will keep the truck stock for a while to make sure it doesnt explode on me and eventually it will get a tune and probably a short exhaust and thats it. (so a stock rebuild is what im looking for)

Thanks for any help in advance!
Matt

#2 ·
Im not sure you can find a place that remans the injectors and returns them to you, however when you buy injectors, be it from ford or any other retailer, you will often be required to give the injectors you removed back for a core... i know we dont at my dealership anyways, have a kit that we could tear the injector apart and rebuild it ourselves and replace whatever is bad or fubar.

#3 ·
I have to agree, the injection pump rebuilders around here sell remans and they have to send in cores a hundred at a time cause their rebuilder won't accept anything less than a hundred. They won't even test em the equipment is too expensive. And these guys been rebuilding pumps an injectors for better than 60 years.

#4 ·
I emailed a few places about this and the only place that replied was Rosewood Diesel. I read about them in a few places on this site and figured it would be a good place to ask.

I was told that they dont actually repair them and that most places do not.

For around $200 each I can get new ones, it looks like that will be the way I end up going. Less hassle this way anyhow.

Thank you for the replies!

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.