Puking, NEED HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Puking, NEED HELP!

I'm in Cincinnati, OH area. Need a good dealer/shop to do work ASAP. 1 dealer I took it to will not work on it, because of the studs, and EGR delete that it has. I am currently puking coolant. Dealer did a pressure/road test, and it holds good for a few minutes and then exceeds the limit, but they will not touch it any further becase of the mods. ANY help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
information regurgitator

Find a performance diesel shop in your area. They will be very happy to work on it.
Sounds as though the heads were not properly machined/checked the first time.
Who did the studding? What head gaskets were used? What was done to check the heads?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Serving Our Country!

I second NYC's questions. The place that did the gaskets and studs is where I would take it to. If that place is the dealer that is now refusing to work on it that I would talk to the owner.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM

I dont know who did the work. I'm having a hard time getting answers. It wasnt the place that refused it, I do know that. I've only had it a few months and the only mod I have done is an SCT from Eric. Being the second owner SUCKS!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

that sucks, and I feel for ya..if the dealer did the pressure test and its exceeding the 18 psi limit, chances are your looking at doing head gaskets, and possibly replacing your heads if you have been driving it tuned hard.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:15 AM

If I have to pay for it out of pocket so be it. I'm sure the EXT Warranty wont pay for d*&^ on this job. I just need to know someone reputable around my area that will work on a modded truck.. Dealer or not.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULINGASS View Post
If I have to pay for it out of pocket so be it. I'm sure the EXT Warranty wont pay for d*&^ on this job. I just need to know someone reputable around my area that will work on a modded truck.. Dealer or not.
and that is the hardest part, good luck bro.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Did you use a cap with a gauge on it for you presure check? Check out what happened to me….

I did studs and all the good stuff a few years ago. Well, this fall I leveled my truck. Not thinking anything about it, at that same weekend, I put a new thermostat in the truck and changed my coolant filter. Filled it up and went. Well a week later I started puking. Freaked me out. looking at the coolant level it was low. So a few days later, puked again but the coolant past the FULL line (the old mark scribed in the plastic, way above the fixed sticker). Not thinking the front end is over 2” higher than before, I over filled it. I replaced the cap (these caps should be replaced if puked through) and removed a bit of coolant.

All good.

Did you do anything lately such as a lift or level? Refilled the coolant? Check your cap?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Did you use a cap with a gauge on it for you presure check? Check out what happened to me….

I did studs and all the good stuff a few years ago. Well, this fall I leveled my truck. Not thinking anything about it, at that same weekend, I put a new thermostat in the truck and changed my coolant filter. Filled it up and went. Well a week later I started puking. Freaked me out. looking at the coolant level it was low. So a few days later, puked again but the coolant past the FULL line (the old mark scribed in the plastic, way above the fixed sticker). Not thinking the front end is over 2” higher than before, I over filled it. I replaced the cap (these caps should be replaced if puked through) and removed a bit of coolant.

All good.

Did you do anything lately such as a lift or level? Refilled the coolant? Check your cap?
Good advise. Just curious, you said the first owner did the studs and EGR delete. Are you sure its studded and deleted? If the egr cooler is stil in there and its leaking that would cause puking. If it isn't studded and you loaded up a performance tune and pushed it you probably pushed a gasket. If the truck has the black gaskets then they probably failed.

Have you looked and physically seen the studs?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 AM

UPDATE

Yes, I have verifired that the delete and studs are indeed there. It is leveled, I never thought about that... I did replace the cap after it puked the first time. It lasted for 3-4 days before doing it again. Dealer did the pressure test, not sure what procedure was used. They did drain some coolant and the puking has stopped since, after about 2 weeks of daily driving but... there still seems like there is a lot more pressure in the bottle than there should be. My next step is a Combustion gas test, that should narrow it down a bit more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.