Injector O ring Blowning 2 times - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector O ring Blowning 2 times

Hello guys,
I'm new to the forums so please bear with me. I have a reaccouring oring on my number 5 injector that keeps blowing. Its the lower fuel oring and it blows after about 300 miles of perfect, no problem starting/driving. There are no symtoms till it accually happens. Both times it has blown I was driving at 70 mph on the hwyway without a load. It blows and then white smoke and it then shutters and dies. Starting it back up is very hard and then it will die becasue of hydrolock and will not turn over again. Apon inspection the lower oring is blown and the cylinder is full of fuel. Last time dealer replaced oring and re torqued to specs. All numbers are good on the CTS monitor. SCT tune was on performance at both times of malfunction. I just had major work performed on my truck, its listed below in the specs. Thanks for any help you may offer I'm stumped and this is getting expensive.

Some specs of my truck
06 F350 CC SB FX4 Lariat; 79K on truck, new in the last 1000 miles: ARP studs; new OEM gaskets; heads redone w/ hardened seats, MBRP turbo back, cat delete exhaust; IPR screen upgrade, Coolant filter; Fumoto valve, Blue FPR spring; BulletProof EGR cooler, OIL cooler and Oil bypass filter, BilletWater Pump, 6.4 Banjo bolt upgrade, new glow plugs, 5w40 rotetilla syn, Sinister coolent bypass, FICM checked 48.5-49v, SCT X3, CTS Edge Monitor, EGT Probe, All new oil/fuel and tranny filters. I may have forgot somethings. Please help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Copper washer on injector bad and combustion gasses are trashing the o-ring. Maybe a problem with the injector sleeve. I would say all new injector seals ETC and then get a tube cleaning brush and scrub the injector sleeve until it shines. By now there may be a ton of carbon in there causing the repeat failure. IF you can get a look down there with a bore scope that might shead some light on the situation.

MY best guess.

Last edited by HAM_RADIO_MAN; 12-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Here are some good photos of what I am talking about.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photog...-system-16.jpg

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photog...-system-17.jpg

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photographs/index1.php
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

THanks

Wow thanks for the fast reply. Question? Is the Injector sleeve and the cup the same thing or?? Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Dom
Old 12-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Yes,I think they are, I get korn-fused on my terms sometimes, Good luck
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also don't forget to clean out the bolt threads for the injector hold downs. Oil and dirt can prevent you from torquing down.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Injector cups=injector sleeves.

If they are the front 4 cylinders you can do them in cab with the ford installer/remover.

If they are the back 4 cylinders youll need the whittaker cup tool. And its not cheap. I know i have one.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Bill, nice box
Old 12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAM_RADIO_MAN View Post
Bill, nice box
Thanks man! Wana buy it? Its full allready, i need a bigger one. Thinking about either the larger macsimizer or the new one with power the MB 7432. Has bigger drawers and you can put an IDS in a drawer thats for the laptop. Its perfect. Or i could just stitch a couple side cabs on it and be fine but i really like this new one.

I wanted to put a hutch on it with the stereo. The stainless steel top is awesome i clean turbos and assemble/disasemble 6.4 turbos on. Its stouter than the snap on boxes by far. No plastic lock tabs, has detents in it so the drawers can pull out easy or feel like theyre locked.
They only come in black and green but i hated the way they look with black and green. i made the mac guy pull strings galore to get me chrome trim or else the deal was off.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cup replacement and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeTech82787 View Post
Injector cups=injector sleeves.

If they are the front 4 cylinders you can do them in cab with the ford installer/remover.

If they are the back 4 cylinders youll need the whittaker cup tool. And its not cheap. I know i have one.
It's the number 5 cylinder so if my math is correct it is passenger side 3rd one back, so it looks like I'm going to need that Whittaker cup tool. Anyone around Mesa, or Phoenix AZ have one we can use. Otherwise I'm going to have to buy it and sell it afterward. THanks for all the feedback guys. Also does ford sell just the one cup or do you have to buy a set of 8. On anothe r note, I'm frustrated becasue I just had these heads redone 1000 miles ago, (valve guides, hardened seats, magnafluxed and straightened) and they never mentioned anything wrong with the cups or their need for replacement. THis was a highly respected place in Phoenix that bulletproof sends their heads too. Is it normal for them not to check the cups. I paid over 1250 for their work on these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blown, fuel leak, hydrolocked, injector, oring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.