Code P0278 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Code P0278

Well I finally did a EGR delete and Oil cooler replacement, the numbers are where they are supposed to be very happy with it so thank you all for all the help (NYC-F350, Nylyon, diablos30, PGreenSVT, and others that had many post on this issue). So now that I have this done I took it for a drive to check my delta then when I got back I checked my CTS and it had a few codes on it I knew I would get EGR ones but the one that is making me think is the P0278 which it says it is the #6 Cylinder contribution/balance does any one know what this is I checked my wires for the Injectors they where all cliped and on. So what could this be?

Thanks guys once agian.

BTW if it wasn't for NYC-F350 I would have been paying to much for dealer parts I had no idea that Tousley (which is a 30 min drive for me) is the cheapest around

Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you dont have an engine miss or any other issues, you probably just got air in the hp oil or fuel system during the oil cooler installation, or carbon broke loose when the egr was removed and went through the cylinder. Either way if it is running fine you should be good.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok thanks for the insite on this now I did notice that the truck did do some pulseing when I first got it running after the egr cooler also new banjo bolts. I figure that it was air in the fuel. But after an not even 30 min drive when I came to a stop light it did very quick pulse barely notice it. I figure air is still in the system, or like what you said carbon shaking loose I know the manifold was dirty and the egr valve caked.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App
Attached Thumbnails
Code P0278-uploadfromtaptalk1321102064329.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
p0278

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.