Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P0676 glow plug

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ChrisSki 
#1 ·
Code came up earlier this week cylinder #6 glow plug ckt, does this mean glow plug is shot or is it the wiring, or is it both. truck seemed to start this morning ok it was some 24 deg this morn cranked fired up and died, then cranked again ran just fine, didnt seem any worse than normal. I will try to address this issue when im off on break for school around thanks giving any input will help thanks!

#2 ·
More than likely it's the glowplug itself. The CEL is set to be tripped if the resistance in the glowplug is off too much. Being that it's on the driver's side (3rd back from the front for the #6) it's pretty easy to change out, you'll have to get the new rail harness tho as those break about 90% of the time, so change out your other 3 glowplugs while you're in there. Should run you in the $100 ball park range to replace all 4 and the harness.

#3 ·
Aright thanks man, i might replace an injector while im there too, awhile back i took it to ford because it wouldnt start for sh** at 60 deg how much farther do i have to go, just the oil rail? thanks

#5 ·
Alright thanks

#6 ·
is it best to get motorcraft harness. or just go to napa?

#8 ·
Download this. It will tell you:

www.powerstrokediesel.com/docs/EF_456.pdf

Also, the glowplugs are most easily accessible by removing the wheelwell. The harness is brittle and prone to breaking when removing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.