Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

leaking something behind oil cooler??

890 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2006PSDSD 
#1 ·
um yeah not sure of what it is but i got a 07 6.0 with 44500 something miles, had the head gaskets fixed and studs put in and a egr delete and etc and was looking for leaks at bout 400 miles after the fix and noticed a fairly small leak what mabe looked like loctite or something i dont know couldnt tell but it didnt get worse so didnt think about it but drove it bout 200 miles at bout 75 the whole way and looked at it and it had gotten worse it was leaking bout 4 to 5 inches long bout 1 to 2 wide but was just enough you could tell it was there wasnt like old faithfull had erupted. drove it a lil for a day and came back bout a day and a half later before i started it and it was gone drove it 300 miles and was back but not as bad bout half as bad. it looks like on the egr delete the hose that runs into or out of the oil cooler may be the culprit but not sure wasnt wet when i looked at it and im not bout to jam my hand down by the turbo and oil cooler and the hot pipe of the egr delete so if anybodys got any suggestions that would be a help otherwise im taking it back to the dealer that fixed it and ask them to fix it again i dont know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.