Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P2617

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gs450 
#1 ·
I have had the P2617 code for awhile now, but now the truck wont start. Its an 04 350. I had just had the low pressure oil pump changed cause that failed, but didnt have any other problems. It started the other day and didnt run any different then before the code and ran the same after it. Now it wont start. It cranks and doesn't do anything not even trying to start. It is colder out like low 40s and started fine in 50s. Does the sensor go bad often and should I replace it? Or is there something I should check next.

#2 ·
That's actually an output circuit code. The PCM needs to be able to accurately communicate crankshaft position to the FICM for injector timing.

Not too familar with diagnosising this problem but it seems to me you're looking at one of 3 things. ficm, pcm or main engine harness.

I'd be looking for wire chafes around the ficm first. maybe wiggle the harness a couple different places and see if it starts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.