Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck surging in higher rpm's

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BlackDiamond 
#1 ·
Just like the title says. Not always but more often than not when I floor it or get on it hard it feels like its outta fuel. I recently replaced the fuel pressure spring as a precaution but im feeling as if it is the issue now. Sound about right? I got the new updated spring from ford. And no I dont have a fuel pressure gauge right now but will probably get one soon if this doesnt clear up. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Hi there, we have an F450 '03 6.0 & recent surging issues even during hwy speeds, but worse on slow downs for lights, turns, etc & it would really surge. took it to ford yesterday & the ICP module was replace cuz it was bad & the wiring/connector also has to be replaced at the same time or you won't solve the entire problem. i guess oil leaks into the wiring & causes it to short & then you will have surging issues. we have 106,000 mi & it happened before but that was under warranty. this time it was almost $800 but it solved the problem. hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.