Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Removing evap housing for head stud install

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  paintballrefjosh 
#1 ·
I'm currently tearing down my 2004 6.0L to install new head gaskets and studs. I'm doing it with the cab on and engine in the truck.

I'm now stuck trying to get the evap housing out. The evap inlet pipe has some sort of coupling that I don't know how to remove. Looking here: http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/kennyz1963/2009-08-18_024827_3.pdf on page 412-01-3 step 16-3 "Disconnect the condenser-to-evaporator line."

Does anyone know how to remove this thing? It looks like it's some sort of pressed on coupler.

I can take pics of mine if needed. Thanks

#4 ·
Ive seen guys in the shop put in headbolts and studs with the bolts or studs in the heads pulled up and held up there with a rubberband or mechanics wire. I think your referring to the spring lock coupling though? If so its the same tool you use to remove fuel lines.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, yeah finally figured out that it is a spring lock coupling. But I used Harley250Okie's method and just removed the connection to the condenser. Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.