Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Am I right????????

949 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  m-chan68 
#1 ·
Drove my truck out of town for 3 days last week, 1200 miles in 3 days, while running on the interstate with cruise set on 75mph my insight was showing the ect at 192-194 and eot at 199-201. This was unloaded just cruising down the interstate. When on the 2 lane roads at 55-60 my ect was 190-192 and eot 195-198. If my thinking is correct, it appears that my oil cooler is becoming clogged which is constricting the flow into the egr cooler and this is why that when I put my foot in it to pass 2 semi trucks that the degas puked. It was only a little bit but it puked. So if all the above is correct, it is time for a egr delete, new oil cooler, head studs, and SCT to clear the egr dtc. Any thoughts??

#2 ·
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your delta. 7°F is pretty damn good actually. Especially at 75MPH.
First thing I would do is get a new degas bottle cap.
Second, make sure that your coolant (when cold) is not over the fill line. The fill line (or just a tad under it) is the recommended FULL level.

#3 ·
I agree with NYC F-350. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with those readings AT ALL. It's amazing how many guys will jump the gun and spend LOTS of money needlessly when they ECT/EOT off a degree or two.

#6 ·
The coolant degas bottle cap on your truck (as are ALL cooling system caps on all vehicles) is designed to vent and release any pressure that exceeds 16 psi. If you are in doubt, tee in a pressure gauge to the hose that runs between the intake manifold and degas bottle, and drive it while monitoring the pressure under wide open open throttle full load conditions. If you see the pressure spike up to say 22 to 30 psi, THEN and only then would I say that you have head/gasket issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.