Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another Hard start

929 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LvGolfer962 
#1 · (Edited)
So this morning: Temp around 50* I went to start my 6.0 It was very hard starting. I turn the key it fires then dies, did that two or three times then finally started barely. Ran on what it felt like was only a couple cylinders and knocking hard. I proceeded to run the high idle then it started white smoking...
This will be first winter that I've ran my truck with Tunes.

From what I have found it sounds like my FICM, idk how to check it or what voltages are correct, it's not throwing any codes but idk if it would. I went to FICM Repair and started pricing.
Also a while back my truck threw a code saying something about injectors 1,3,5, and 7. but I haven't seen it in a while.
Last year was the first year that I have had to plug my truck in, sometimes it would be like 30*, plugged in and still wouldn't start, had to leave my truck at work a few times.

#3 ·
150k oil change every 10k, I didn't figure injectors because once it warms up it runs smooth, like a raped ape actually. How exactly do I go about checking FCIM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.