Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2004 f250 6.o

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fastfreddys67 
#1 ·
I have a leak from manifold leaks down passenger side. I checked it out looks like its coming from manifold. I also had some white smoke coming outta exhaust and was loosing coolant. Truck has 40K miles its a tow vehilce dealer did egr and head gaskets in 2006 or 2007,. I played with egr and looks like white smoke went away and i hear like a ticking sometimes i think egr could have been stuck. Did i fix egr? Is the leak the blue hose on egr cooler? Am i wishful thinking need some advice hope its not bad thanks in advance for advice.

#2 ·
sorry, but it's difficult to make sense out of your question.

What's leaking? Coolant or oil?

What do you mean "played" with EGR? the valve or the cooler?

How much white smoke? small amount or steam pipe?

2004 with only 40,000 miles? already had HG's 4 years ago? 40k on an 8 year old truck tows Grandma to church on Sundays.

#3 ·
Sorry about the confusion yes its coolant, well water now didnt want to keep adding coolant if its going to leak. I played with EGR valve only tried to take it off and was unsuccessful but it came alive after. It was white smoke coming out of exhaust pipe i would say quite a bit. But after i played with EGR " moved it back and forth" for some reason the white smoke dont seem to happen anymore. But i still have the coolant leak by manifold dripping downpassenger side onto my starter. Yes it is a tow vehicle yeah dont get it out much but im tring to now since i am not working and yeah on a budget so hopefully i dont have too much of a problem with my powerstroke.
Thanks for the help i really appreaciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.