Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 f350 no start

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NYC F-350 
#1 ·
Ok guys be easy on me, Im new to diesel's and to this site,

The fuel pump is pumping fuel into the filter area, I can give it a shot of starting fluid and it trys to start, it did this same thing a week ago and it stayed running after a shot of either !!! It had a wrench sign on the display, so i had auto zone hook up and the code said low injector pressure, now it doesnt start at all, do I need to change the HPOP ? how can I tell for sure before I buy this high dollar thing?
any help would sure be appriacited,
Thanks,
Shane

#2 ·
First, so you know what is what on the engine, you will need to download the coffeetable books on the engine.CLICK HERE for the 2005 model year.
The next step to take is to remove the oil filter cap. In the bottom of the oil filter housing there is a small poppet valve. Get a long screwdriver and hold that valve down (closed). Have someone crank the engine over to see if the oil filter housing fills with oil in a few seconds of cranking.
If not, your issue is in the low pressure oil system.
Your next step would be to disconnect the ICP sensor. It is located on the passenger side valve cover, right close to the alternator bracket and just above the glowplug module. If it starts without it being plugged in, it is as simple as swapping out the bad ICP sensor with a new one.
Another good test to do is to remove the batteries from the truck. Bring them to an autoparts store and have them load tested. There is no charge (or shouldn't be) for this test. If either of your batteries test as marginal (or fail), replace them as a set.
When you return home with the batteries, place them on a battery charger and get them up to 100% charge. New batteries do not come with 100% charge, charge them up. After cleaning the connectors and checking the cables, reinstall the batteries. Your next step is to check the FICM, which is the aluminum box on the drivers side valve cover. For written instruction on how to accomplish your FICM check, CLICK HERE.
The first part will eliminate the batteries as being either your issue or a contributing factor. Dead/dying batteries can crank the engine over quite rapidly and make you think that they are ok, when in fact they are not. Weak batteries also can kill the FICM.
Then, there is the "no-start" checklist. CLICK HERE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.