Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to the site and looking for some help/advice on my truck!

820 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  justa03 
#1 ·
First the truck....06 F250 6.0, 164,xxx miles on it. The only after market add I can see is a sinister EGR delete kit.

Now the issue...On start up huge amount of heavy black smoke and it never really disapates once the truck warms up. While driving the amount of black smoke doesn't change during acceleration, cruising or at idle. On the plus side don't have to worry about being tailgated. I'm experiencing no power loss, stalling or knocks, the truck seems to be running very strong. I'm getting anywhere from 13-15 MPG. No coolant loss or oil loss, and no fuel in the oil. I do notice a oil leak on the passenger side below the turbo. It has coated the side and top of the engine, but is not dripping on to the ground and leaving puddles.

I've parked the truck until I can get this figured out.

Any help would be apperciated....

#3 ·
Sounds as if you have an injector sticking open and providing too much fuel at all times. Maybe run a Contribution/Balance test and see how that comes out. My bet is that at least one injector is over-fueling. This can lead to loss of a piston.

What are your egt's?

#5 ·
:ORG welcome:

#6 ·
In my experience if your overfueling usually will cause a miss when its running, and if its bad enough it will hydrolock the motor and it wont even start. I would definately check those CAC hoses found them more times outta any that they will cause a black smoke issue and a slight lack of power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.