Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil cooler code p012f

17K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  poptop 
#1 ·
Ok I just had the cooler replace by the dealer for the second time. The first one lasted 2800 mile. But they didnt flush the system right so it failed. Now the on I have in the truck has only 800 mile and I got the code again. Drained the system and flush with VC 9. The water was very rusty colored. It cleared up and the delta is now with in range. But what is fouling up the coolant so fast? When I got the truck it just had water in it and I know that didnt help with rust in the system.

#2 ·
They gave your truck back to you with only water in the system???? :eek:

#3 ·
Well put the truck on the road today and the delta was at 19. I know the coolers is going bad. Just can find out why all crap in the coolant. It dose not show any signs of a blown head That I can see. If the head was bad I would thing that I was see higher coolant temps than 195.

#4 ·
Is it drinking coolant? You must have a lot of chit in that coolant. Just remove that oil cooler and go with an air to oil cooler :thumb:. You won't have to worry about it again

#6 ·
CHeck out the the 6.0 tech section. You can try a reverse coolant flush from your oil cooler too. You're right about the EGR delete

#9 ·
Reverse flush the oil cooler. If you have sediment in the oil cooler, reverse flushing will certainly help to remove it. If your coolant is rusty, you're going to have to flush it out and use chemicals to clean such as VC-9 and flush until clear. You may be able to save the oil cooler, but you need to flush the rust out of there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.