Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

RevX, mobil 1 review.

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  dzlhog 
#1 ·
First time poster, very long term lurker. This summer I did an oil change and did the fuel filters at the same time. Used all motorcraft parts, rotella 15w30 dino oil. Not sure what type of oil I had in it before, but holy **** my truck ran like crap after the change. At idle my truck was shaking, it would surge between 1500-2000 rpm, choppy power, poor mileage. Did not know what the problem was. I thought i might have put the fuel filters in wrong, so I completely replaced the fuel filters again. No luck. Still ran like ****. Drove it for about 1000km like this and then did some reading about rev x. A lot of reading about revx. Seemed like it would do the trick.

Last week I changed my oil with Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic. Immediately i noticed a difference with start up but there was still some "injector stiction" and some shaking at idle. I had 6 bottles of revx on hand but i wanted to see if the mobil 1 would do the trick. Yes it helped.

I then added the revx about 3 days after my change to synthetic. Wow. The injectors sound so happy. They sound incredibly smooth and my truck starts way quicker and healthier. I am getting better mileage (no exact numbers yet) but my truck just overall feels way healthier. My injector stiction is gone. I have only had the revx in for about 100km and I am incredibly impressed. The temperatures here go below freezing at night and are about 10 degrees celsius during the day.

I also have to say that revx has great customer service. I ordered 3 bottles and they accidently sent it to my billing address rather than my shipping address. Immediately they express shipped 3 MORE bottles for no charge to my shipping address. Great service. Very happy with my revx.

See less See more
#11 ·
DZLHOG, I am hoping I get the same results as you..I will be doing a oil change this weekend with 5-40 Rotella T6 with a couple of bottles of rev-x.. I used rev-x in the past with a oil change but I used 15-40 Rotella ..I didnt see any difference at all..I am hoping the sythetic makes a diffence

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.