Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 failed injector barely running.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dicion 
#1 ·
2003 f250 6.0 was driving home started bucking real bad and running rough, stopped went to take off then stalled. Wil start but runs real ruff.

Changed fuel filters didn't do it.

Had a ford tech come out and put it on the computer, #5 injector dead then drove around and warned it up 1 and 3 dropped out. All but number 5 sounded good on the buzz test could it be number 5 just causing them to fail?

Also filled filter bowl with fuel and cranked over the bubbles came out, what should I do just buy on injector or that whole side and who is good to get some from. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Read the Injector link in my signature, it explains everything that causes injectors to fail, and what you can do to prevent/fix it.

But if it's dead, dead, you will need to replace it.

The other ones that are having problems, but still semi working, might be caused by #5 causing issues in the harness, or oil flow, or something. I'd replace #5 alone first, and see how the others react.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.