Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Under Boost.

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TylerGieck 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 with the 6.0 I love the truck to death but its comin up on 70k miles. My scanner is tellin me that there is turbo under boost. Now the truck is hard to start and when it is running has no throttle response. Im lost and dont know where to start troubleshooting to fix it . Can some one please give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tyler

#2 ·
First, Check your EGR Valve. It's easy to get to and pull, and easy to clean. Takes 10 minutes to pull, clean (use a good solvent and a toothbrush.), and reinstall. If it sticks open during normal operation, even a little, it will divert exhaust from your turbo into your intake, causing lack of boost, and horrible performance. If that fixes it, replace the valve, or, just delete the EGR! =D

If you do that, and it doesn't change, you might need to pull the turbo and clean it, as the VGT Valves in the turbo might be sticking. Not too hard to do, you can do it yourself if you can operate basic hand tools.

#7 ·
The flow code could be stuck from prior to cleaning your valve. Clear it and see if it comes back.

After cleaning the valve, if it's fried and doesn't open when the PCM tells it to, it could cause that code.

A EGR Flow code is annoying, but AFAIK, does not affect operation at all. Everyone with an EGR Delete in a later model year will get that code, and most of us just use a tuner to perma-defeat the code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.