Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Dicion 
#1 ·
Alright guys, my 03 6.0 has started having a miss here recently. This was most noticeable in the mornings once on the road. The truck idles smooth, starts fine but even after a good warm up period, it cuts in and out once driven. The problem seems to go away once the truck has been driven for awhile?? I took the truck to have it scanned, returned it to stock with my SCT device.. one code found P0603..now the truck poofs a white smoke cloud on start up and occasionally while driven. The truck HAS had Head studs and EGR delete done?? Any Ideas out there??

#2 ·
603 is juct a KAM error probably caused by the tuner... No Biggie. But as far as the miss, be VERY careful about a miss on an 03. The reason I say that is I have seen many 03 model injector tips crack, cause overfueling(overheating cylinder) and do damage to the engine. Sounds like you have the startting symptoms now so get it fixed or at least diagnosed ASAP.

#4 ·
Sounds like it, one more thing I was thinkin was the ICP sensor. If the sensor is acting up it can sometimes cause surging or cutting out. Might feel like a miss... Usually a miss will set a contribution code, but I have had ICP sensors intermittently causing problems and not setting a code.

#5 ·
I feel your pain - get it looked at quickly. I did not and now I have a no start with metal chips in the oil filter. Had the driver side all apart and did not see any problem there but in my infinite wisdom did not bother to check the injectors. It is going to be a piece of cake taking it apart this time. Gotta love those 6.0 ' s

#8 ·
You might want to read the Injector link in my signature. If they're not missing all the time, and only when cold, they might be savable without replacement, saving you some cash.

#10 · (Edited)
Thats fine, better safe than sorry, but if you have 2 failing, you might want to treat your system now to prevent others from failing in the future.

Might also want to invest in the pressure regulator spring upgrade, as well as a Fuel Pressure guage, so you can prevent low pressure problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.