Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EOT VS ECT

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  2006PSDSD 
#1 ·
I have an 04 Superduty with a 8.5" procomp lift, 37" tires, 4'' MBRP cat delete, and a Edge juice with attitude. Now that I have the ability to monitor temps I noticed a difference between EOT and ECT. Idle Temps are ECT=194 and EOT=208, however when I'm rolling down the freeway without any load the temp are at EOT=226 and ECT=192. I've read that these are signs of the engine oil cooler starting to go, any help would be useful. Oh and I'm running the juice at level 1 for mileage.:confused:

#2 ·
Yeah, that oil cooler is toast. Better to get it taken care of before you have a bigger problem on your hands.

Clogged oil cooler = ruptured EGR cooler= blown HG's :badidea:

#9 ·
TU is a great recommendation, I was just busting your chops :thumb:

Thanks for the recomendation. I live in the bay area in CA, so if anyone has any recomendations for shops around here it would be appreciated.:icon_ford:
I don't know of any out there, sorry. If you have some time, and a toolbox with basic handtools, you can do this yourself in a weekend. It would save you a bundle of $$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.