Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OIl cooler and egr cooler replacement

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PAPPA JOE 
#1 ·
2006 F350 King Ranch..

Ok, I am certain i need a new oil cooler..I got an independent garage to quote me replacement of oil cooler with radiator flushes and coolant and new motor oil and filter...

I then got a dealer to quote same thing over the phone and his cost was near identical within a few bucks and then he added if they got in there and egr cooler was bad it would be additional $425..

I then took my truck to another dealer and had him do an actual inspection..
They called me back and said it needed an oil cooler, egr cooler, radiator, water pump, top and bottom radiator hoses, and thermostat...I am fine with the fact that it probably needs the extra parts...

My question is, is these extra parts and labor the last dealer quoted (radiator, two hoses, water pump and thermostat) worth TWICE as much as i was quoted for oil cooler and egr cooler replacement alone?? Come on man !

I just cant see a radiator, radiator hoses, and a water pump and labor for these items costing an extra 2,300 bucks more than i was quoted from two other places.. Me thinks the last mentioned dealer(where i originally bought the truck) is trying to get to me.....

What ya think:confused:

Thanks,
Joe

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.