Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Having missing after 100 miles??

734 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  geo42583 
#1 ·
hi, im new powerstroke.org and new to the 6.0 ive had many 7.3's but im having a problem with a 2004 excursion. here it goes its really weird. when i drive it she goes just fine until i hit about 100 miles then she starts to miss i ran on the snap on diagnossis machine nothing comes up it has 305,000 miles any ideas would be great...thank you :icon_ford: also injectors are good

#2 ·
First and foremost WELCOME TO THE .ORG !!! Now to have any hope of getting a bunch of guys to give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet, you will have to provide some solid data. It is very hard to give you what you need to fix your truck if all we have is vague generalities. Here is some of what we need.
How do you know the injectors are good?
Did you do a power balance test?
What are the IPC and IPR values when the problems occur?
Have you check your FICM voltage at the time of the problem?
Is the truck full of the correct weight and quantity of oil?
When was the last fuel and oil filter change?
What is the EOT vs ECT delta?
Have you inspected the EGR valve to see if it’s packed with crap? ( Major suspect)

#3 ·
thank you HAM_RADIO_MAN. i will answer questions

How do you know the injectors are good? they are brand new
Did you do a power balance test? yes
What are the IPC and IPR values when the problems occur? do not remember but will re inspect tomorrow
Have you check your FICM voltage at the time of the problem? no also will check tomorrow
Is the truck full of the correct weight and quantity of oil? Yes it is
When was the last fuel and oil filter change?
What is the EOT vs ECT delta? not sure
Have you inspected the EGR valve to see if it’s packed with crap? also will check out tomorrow thanks for the ideas sometimes i just need some options to work with :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.