Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

turbo no boost

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tomlute 
#1 ·
Hello guys pretty new to this but i bought a used 03 f350 with a 6.0 the truck blew a turbo and when it did the truck wouldnt shut off just reved untill we starved it for air......However after changing turbo my truck has no power like its not boosting the turbo is spining and had it spooling up once or twice but then dies out agiain and wont hold it? Any help would be great

#2 ·
Check the plug on the Variable actuator- I chased my no boost issue until I almost went crazy... turned out to be a messed up plug end... Good luck!!!

#3 ·
Yeah check the plugs going to try my old acuater here today mabe they sent me a bad one....I know it throws a MAP sensor code dont know if that would cause no boost....It may even be boosting i just dont have a guage it sounds like the turbo is wistling but no power but a couple times when i first start it for the day after a few mins down the road it will spool up and take off but then dies just as fast as it comes on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.