04 6.0 injectors wont cycle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 6.0 injectors wont cycle

Hello everyone i got a 04 f350 fx4 with a 6.0 and it has ran great till the other morning when i woke up and started to leave.I backed up and pulled foward and the truck died.It showed no sign of any problem prior to this happening,it ran great the day before this happened and everytime b4 this.I walked out and fired it up for the first time that day and it was just like someone cut my truck off.Now it wont start back,only on a quick shot of ether or a rag with gas.Then it will start on the fumes then cut back off.I had no check engine light.I check the fuel filters they are fine,also running clean 15w40...When looking over everything b4 i take it to the shop,I found that my injectors wont make any sound when turning the key to the on position.Being that it will run on the ether,I know that it is fuel related without a doubt.I dont have a scan tool to do the injector buzz test,but from what ive heard i should be able to just turn the key and hear them.All i hear is the fuel pump..What could keep the injectors from cycling???I have 2 new 850cca batteries.Im gonna check the ficm volts tomorrow.I also changed the relay under the hood that goes to the ficm.What should i look for next??No codes from a odb2 from autozone..What controls the injectors that keep them from cycling?Ficm,cpu,injector solenoid????Any idea would be great!Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 PM

this seems to be a problem a couple of people are having right now, mines doing almost the same thing except will run after a shot of ether, and my injectors buzz but not the normal sound ill be checking my ficm tomorrow
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Man i have never been hard on this truck.I open it up here and there,but have never had any signs of breakdown.I just woke up to go to work,started the truck for the first time of the day.Let it idle,then back up and put in drive got maybe 15-20 yards and just cut off.I put 2 new 850 cca batteries,new ficm relay,checked fuel and oil and i've come to find my injectors wont make a sond when turning the key to the on position.I dont have the propper scanner for the buzz test,but i should hear more than just the fuel pump.I can spray ether or have a rag with fuel on it and it will fire and run till the vapors are gone.I does kinda smoke while running for that second.It doesnt make that diesel tone sound like normal.Its more of a deeper tone...not as high pitched..I swear it has to be something electric and not mechanical..any thoughts
Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
information regurgitator

In one of your other threads about this issue (your first thread I believe) I posted directions on how to check your FICM. Go back and do it. It will tell you what you need to know.

If the truck sounds different when cranking it over (more "hollow"), it could be a high pressure oil pump. Did you ever unplug the ICP sensor and try cranking it over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.