Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help!

My buddies truck has been blowing white smoke periodically for the last few weeks but hes had no loss of power but now his truck is blowing black smoke periodically but only when hes under 1500 rpms and he is experiencing a power loss or as he explained it " it feels like my truck is stuck in 2nd gear really tourquie but doesnt go fast" if anyone has any ideas at what could be causing all this please help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Military Member

Thats a good question. Something in there sounds like it could be the turbo. If it is blowing white smoke from time to time that tells me that it COULD be the turbo. I rencently blew my turbo up just last thursday and it blew white smoke like crazy but I know thats a little extreme. The smoke smelt like burning rubber. The reason it was blowing white smoke is because the oil was dumping from the turbo into the exhaust. But I cant really say for sure if thats your buddies issue and I hope its not. Im struggling on getting the turbo I bought to fit my truck. Keep us posted brother!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:31 PM

It's the weirdest thing ever cause it's not consistent I'm out of ideas at first I thought maybe an egr issues but i dont know anymore
Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006powerstroke View Post
It's the weirdest thing ever cause it's not consistent I'm out of ideas at first I thought maybe an egr issues but i dont know anymore
HAHA where did you get that window sticker? And do they make any that say Ford makes it and International Breaks it? cuz i want to slap that on every 6.4 i see...
Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Hmm intermittent smoke. Does the smoke smell like fuel? And does it transition from grey/white to blue and get thicker then turn black?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.