Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO START problem

950 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  m-chan68 
#1 ·
Quick i need help I need to know what the ipr% is suppose to be when you are cranking over the truck. I have a auto enginuity scan tool so i can monitor every thing. A little back ground truck died on me going down the road no codes tried starting it and i had 0 icp so i let it sit over night to cool down went to start it in the morning after work and still 0 icp. So towed it home and put a new HPOP in it now im building some icp but its only getting up to about 120 i had it up to about 550-600 and it started once or twice but died right away again.

#2 ·
Thats the problem with not testing the HPO system. You stab at which component is responsible, and on occasion there is a swing-and-a-miss.
How did the IPR look on the old pump?
Did you use a different IPR the second time?
If not, did you check out the IPR screen to see if that had any indications of "taking a hit"??

#3 ·
well that might be my first mistake cause the screen did have a tear in it so i dont know if it good or not thats why im trying to figure out the ipr% its suppose to be at when cranking.

#4 ·
Replace the IPR valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.