is my ford ****tin the bed? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is my ford ****tin the bed?

Okay... so was driving the 6.0 back from the lake today she was runnin all dandy and i slowed down to go over a cattle guard and noticed that it was running kind of rough.. so i kept an ear open and just putted er back home it was about a 20 minute drive and as i got home she was running a little bit more rough, not to the point where its gunna die but i mean still pretty rough. The check engine light had just come on so i shut her off. whats the deal with this ? its not hard starting, i fired it up 10 min later and she fired up fine but still ran rough. Is this the egr valve stuck open? its not smoking white or blue, the coolant is just fine and i do all my regular work on it, just had the oil changed and full coolant flush. Could someone help i have warrenty but i cut my cat and muffler out and would rather not deal with a dealership right now. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Try checking that and try pulling your egr to inspect. It wouldn't hott to clean it anyways. See if its moving freely and clean with carb cleaner. And look down in there to see if its wet. Should be dry.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya I have a fuel pressure gauge. All is good fuel pressure wise. I think the egr valve is stuck I'm going to clean it tomo. Can a plugged up turbo cause this as well? I don't put my foot I'n the floor to often, I'm kinda scared to break something haha. I've only had the truck for about 2 months
Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 PM

I'm not sure if that would make it idle rough when your not boosting ??? And actually its good to get down on it every so often it blows it out keep it clean and 6.0 s hate to be idled. Try your egr and post why you find. Kind of a biotch to get out sometimes lol
Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya well funny thing is it was Idleing alot right before it started. **** I didn't know that. Well i will take a look tomo. Would an injector cause this? It doesn't seem like miss fireing
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by at0075 View Post
And look down in there to see if its wet. Should be dry.
What does it mean if its a little wet in there? I remember a buddies being wet in there when we pulled his EGR valve to clean it.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTonyT View Post
What does it mean if its a little wet in there? I remember a buddies being wet in there when we pulled his EGR valve to clean it.
Could be the early signs of an EGR cooler failure. It's either going to be slightly oily (CCV, which is totally normal), dry and sooty (what you should expect) or sooty wet coolant (which is a bad EGR cooler).
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Could be the early signs of an EGR cooler failure. It's either going to be slightly oily (CCV, which is totally normal), dry and sooty (what you should expect) or sooty wet coolant (which is a bad EGR cooler).
What he said
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay so cleaned the egr. Which was just absolutely caked. And it still runs bad. It's chugs and shakes. It is also down on power a bit. I'm thinking it's an injector. But what's weird is it doesn't have any trouble starting cold. At all. And it doesn't smoke blue. Also is my truck supposed to smoke black stock? It's not a lot but it does smoke. Could someone help! Dang it's driving me nuts. Happy 4th of July weekend to all you americans. !! It's Canada day today here !
Old 07-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
sounds like an egr thats what my bosses truck did when his egr went
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.