03 F350 6.0 No crank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 F350 6.0 No crank

I noticed one day the oil pressure gauge took 4 seconds before showing me high pressure on the cluster while the engine was running. I know before as soon as I crank the engine the oil pressure was normal. The truck ran normal. A little while after that, it started shaking and when I stopped at a light, it died on me. I start the truck again but I noticed when I let my foot off the accelerator, the engine wanted to die. I had to drive holding the brake and gas peddle both to keep it from dying. I parked until the next day and when I tried to crank it nothing happened. Gave it a shot of ether, nothing happened. It doesn't even try to crank. I replaced the oil, oil filter and both fuel filters. Can anyone offer me any solutions that don't involve a dealer because I'm in Mexico for a few months with my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds like it might be hydro-locked if it won't even crank over. I'm assuming your batteries are good. You might pull your glow plugs out and see if it cranks over. That will at least allow you to confirm that.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It spins over, but doesn't start, not even with ether. Sorry if I was confusing.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Quote:
Originally Posted by alp41104 View Post
It spins over, but doesn't start, not even with ether. Sorry if I was confusing.
high pressure oil leak developed and when that occurs the truck will stumble fall flat on its face and die, unless you hold it wide open. Happened to me a few times. Had replaced a bad injector was driving it and watched the icp pid drop from 2-2800 down to 1200 and once it hit 800 i held it wide open all the way back to the shop until it died in the driveway.

Turned out the stand pipes and dummy plugs were fubar.

Also had a customer install an "upgrade" put a resistor inl ine of his icp sensor which caused the ipr to eventually fail which caused the same thing. Not that the screen blew out, the solenoid inside the IPR burned out from being commanded much higher than need be at all times. Only when people install a resistor to the icp sensor, it causes the pcm to think the ipr isnt doing its job so it commands it higher causing more Pressure to go to the injectors which is believed to give more power but really causes more problems... Ive seen it alot in 7.3s only once in a 6.0
Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yep, I would also suspect a high pressure oil leak. Disconnect your ICP sensor and see if it fires up. The PCM needs to see 500psi of high pressure oil or it won't allow the injectors to fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.