2006 f350 egr and oil cooler replaced now no start and low icp Please Read - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 2006 f350 egr and oil cooler replaced now no start and low icp Please Read

hey all, truck came in with blown out egr cooler, replaced that and oil cooler as per new egr cooler only lasted a year and two weeks that ford replaced
initially after i replaced it started right up but after shut off, injectors were not firing- listened to stethescope for click, but buzz test no problem. it sat a few days while i was on site repairing heavy equip, came back and started only once again then not again. checked all my work, tore down and redid it all, then no start at all. threw determinator on it everything checked out except injector control pressure. i believe when it was only starting up after sitting a long time icp was around 455psi, now about 147psi. ficm= good voltages, ficm sync=yes, cam and crank sync=yes, etc... i took out icp sensor and pressurized with shop air for about a minute with no loss of pressure or leaking noise. im pretty sure there is nothing i touched that has to do with the high pressure oil system at all right? just the low pressure oil system and while cranking the oil gauge acts appropriately. where do i go from here? i dont have a scanner all the time except for my buddys that i can use once ina while. i also hooked up a liquid filled gauge to icp port, cranked and got a bunch of nothing. hellllllllpppppppppp! Thanks, Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

everything is leading me to ipr stuck open? just removed it and has small hole in screen. about to disassemble it now
any input?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
information regurgitator

You were not as clean as you should have been in the cavity where the oil cooler sits. That area must be SURGICALLY clean, especially the area under the screen.
Your IPR may have taken a hit. (as evidenced by the hole in the screen). My feeling is that if you have low HPO pressure, your IPR may have taken a dirt nap after getting nailed by whatever went through that screen. My suggestion? New IPR
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes you are quite correct sir. also didn't mention the silly screen design under the oil cooler was torn through when i opened her all up and put the new screen in there. that really aggravated me. im going to try and disassemble ipr cause i had found an article on how to do it but cant find it now
Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well watta ya know, as i presumed, the faulty hpop supply screen let debris into the ipr screen which tore a hole in it and had it stuck open. used a guide i found to disassemble the ipr and replaced screen, FIRED RIGHT UP! woo thanks guys for all the great info on these forums!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
information regurgitator

Nice job on your own repair of the IPR.
Care to share a link to that guide you used?
Old 06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sureeee
http://www.dfuser.com/Install%20Guid...0Regulator.pdf
it was sketchy but i used good sharp pipe wrench on the threads and it worked perfect then just cleaned up threads with small file.the piece it says to unscrew with large flathead didn't unscrew but just pulled out with twisting motion. im really not happy with the design of the two screens ford uses, wayyy too delicate. coulda had egr and oil cooler done ina few hours but because the screen was failed it took much longer and a pita. im grateful because i've gained yet hours of training on my own of all sorts of things by reading thru this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.