Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

04 6.0 need good tech

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  m-chan68 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 superduty with 6.0. Last summer while towing my travel trailer (9000 lb) I lost power while on a level road. I limped off the exit to a dealer. I found an oily substance on the hitch which was also sprayed all over the trailer. The dealer said that the breakaway switch was pulled and caused the trans to blow the heated fluid out. I had no more trouble getting home. Havent towed again until now and the truck has ran fine. Terrible fuel mileage but no engine problem. Now I am towing for the summer BIG PROBLEM. I am loosing power after about 15 minutes on the road with trailer. My truck is all stock and I don't want to have to take it to the dealer if I can help it. Can someone in Southeast Michigan help me? Tell me where I can find a great mechanic::confused:

#2 ·
If my aunt hadn't retired in Hawaii back in 2001, after living for nearly 26 years in between Livonia and Northville, I'd be glad to come and help you out. I actually miss the years of visiting Michigan on a regular basis. They always had interesting automotive events to attend.

#3 ·
The Livonia and Novi areas are really nice. I bet Hawaii is awesome though. Thanks for the reply. Any ideas what could be wrong with my truck. I love my truck and unfortunately, my hubby has no idea what to do to fix it. I don't have a lot of cash to go to get it fixed and I really need to take it to someone who "knows" what to do to fix it right the first time around.

#4 ·
I just know that my aunt used to live between 7 Mile Road and 8 Mile Road in Northville. Prior to that, she used to live somewhere around Telegraph Road, Joy Road.......... I think Denne Avenue is the name of the exact street she used to live on. I was a kid back then.

Regarding your truck, I need more information than you've provided in your original post. There are MANY things that can cause what you describe. Without trouble codes (if any), mileage, maintenance history, exact vehicle build date etc., it's pretty hard to diagnose over the internet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.