HELP!!! 2005 6.0-cyl#4 contribution code-#4inj ckt low - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!! 2005 6.0-cyl#4 contribution code-#4inj ckt low

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated!! I have 2005 f350 in which I have just replaced injector harness with new oem part also just replaced #4 injector oem part. Also verified 48V at FICM. The po272#4 contrib. code and the inj #4 ckt low will not clear and it is missing/running rough. Where do I go from here??? I have not replaced the main wiring harness yet and am wondering if a chaffed area in crank or cam wiring could possibly cause this code? Seems like if timing was effected you would see codes on more than one injector though. Truck is running somewhat rough at light load Bucking/Jerking intermitently though. Please HELP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,646
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have the same code, but my truck runs fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have you "borrowed" another FICM to try, from another truck? That would be my next step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,646
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Have you "borrowed" another FICM to try, from another truck? That would be my next step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentop View Post
Hello,

Any help would be appreciated!! I have 2005 f350 in which I have just replaced injector harness with new oem part also just replaced #4 injector oem part. Also verified 48V at FICM. The po272#4 contrib. code and the inj #4 ckt low will not clear and it is missing/running rough. Where do I go from here??? I have not replaced the main wiring harness yet and am wondering if a chaffed area in crank or cam wiring could possibly cause this code? Seems like if timing was effected you would see codes on more than one injector though. Truck is running somewhat rough at light load Bucking/Jerking intermitently though. Please HELP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for your response! I have not. Don't really know of one I can borrow. Is it possible for the FICM to check good on voltage as mine has and still have issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Slacker



 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 17,193
Thanks: 13
Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentop View Post
Thanks for your response! I have not. Don't really know of one I can borrow. Is it possible for the FICM to check good on voltage as mine has and still have issues?
Yes, the FICM has two parts to it-the power supply board and the logic board. The 48V test is only verifying the power supply is working as expected. It doesn't do ANYTHING to verify the functionality of the logic board. I would try to swap the FICM to CONFIRM that it is still giving the same codes, indicating a wiring problem. If not, it is the logic board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors