Scangauge EOT ECT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scangauge EOT ECT

Just got Scangauge II. Driving on highway about 65 to 70 and temps ran around ECT 185 to 190 and ECT ran about 202 to 209. I would say most of the time it was about 20 to 23 temp difference. Truck has 4inch turbo back exhaust updated fuel reg spring and 6.4 banjo bolts. Does the numbers look ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You mean you EOT was 202-209? From all the reading I have been doing it seems that anything over 15 isnt a good sign. It seems you are on the border line. My ECT and EOT will stay within 9-10 after the trk is warmed up. I would say if your trk was already warm and your ect was at 185 and your EOT was at 209 at the same time I would say you may have a problem starting.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 AM

Yes EOT was about 20 to 24 higher
Old 06-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Oil cooler is clogged and needs replacement.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 AM

Yes, oil cooler plugged. I recently purchased an edge insight, my eot was running 18 to 24 higher than ect. Replaced oil cooler 2 weekends ago, eot now 8 degrees or less above ect so far.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridder View Post
Yes, oil cooler plugged. I recently purchased an edge insight, my eot was running 18 to 24 higher than ect. Replaced oil cooler 2 weekends ago, eot now 8 degrees or less above ect so far.
I was going to take a trip with camper in a week. My question is should not tow anything before I replace oil cooler or is there a EOT temp number that I can watch for just not get above that? If I replace oil cooler do I need to do flush? I was thinking of doing EGR delete and oil cooler in futrure just no money so is it ok just to do the oil cooler now and egr delete later?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM

That's why I did mine, taking camper to beach soon(650+mi. each way).From postings here, plugged oil cooler makes heat, which can blow out egr then head gaskets. Ford limit on temp difference is 15 degrees. Do egr delete with this, it's all out then. I did stc fitting, egr delete, Blue spring fuel pressure upgrade, 6.4 banjo bolts,& oil cooler. Be sure to do restore coolant flush before doing this or you may plug new cooler.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 AM

I just did coolant flush. At this point I do not have money to do EGR and oil cooler so I guess I will just oil coller for now.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM

Money also a concern for me, but this was cheaper than the alternative. Egr can wait, just as long as the gold coolant is gone. I went with RCD egr delete, it's $159 if you change your mind. If you diy, check Tousley Ford for price on oil cooler rebuild kit. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridder View Post
Money also a concern for me, but this was cheaper than the alternative. Egr can wait, just as long as the gold coolant is gone. I went with RCD egr delete, it's $159 if you change your mind. If you diy, check Tousley Ford for price on oil cooler rebuild kit. Good luck!
Thanks for the help.
It's not the price of the delete kit it is the price of having someone do it. I am working on getting prices now to rebuild oil cooler. If anyone knows good diesel tech in CT let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.