Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

STRANDED- Anyone in Dalhart TX area?

931 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  dazdillenger 
#1 ·
Well on cross country trip and Ex decided to die. Thinking ICP. Can unplug ICP sensor and doesn't run any worse. Ford closed early. No one in town with sensor. Anyone work at ford, know anyone at ford, or have a good ICP around? Need some help!

#2 ·
How about telling us where you are! I have a spare ICP somewhere I'd donate-try unhooking the old one and seeing if she fires up! I have lots of spare parts (ficm, icp, etc) that I'd either sell you, or lend you if you promise to mail them back when you get home-assuming you are close to me! I'd be happy to help you get up and running again.

Im in upstate NY.

#3 ·
lol-just read the title of the thread-sorry, I'm about as far away as you can get. Wish I could help. Since you have an 04 ex, your icp is right on the pass. head, try unplugging it and seeing if she starts. Is the sensor/connector full of oil?

#4 ·
Thanks for the offer, NY is a tad far. ;)
Back on the road now. The owner of the dealership stopped by to feed his horses and called in his parts guy. Got the ICP sensor ($163) and still no joy. Checked all connectors, still no joy. Unhooked and reseated the FICM and she fired right up...

$163 sensor plus I gave the parts guy $100 for coming in on his day off with his daughter, and it was the FICM needong reseated... F my life somedays!!!! :/

#7 ·
start your own thread! you will get more replies, and its proper forum etiquette. Your ficm is located on the driver's side of the truck, bolted to the top of the valve cover, below the degas (overflow bottle-has the radiator cap on it) bottle. It is silver, and has a cover with 2 torx (star) screws. It is held on by 2 10mm nuts (at the front) and 2 8mm bolts (at the rear). Very easy to remove if you have small hands, make sure to remove the degas bottle first to aid in access.

#9 ·
Great-trust me, you'll get much more help if you start your own thread! Ill keep an eye out for it to see if I can help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.