cracked up pipe - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cracked up pipe

just got my truck back two weeks ago from the dealer. They installed arp's and a BD egr cooler. On my way home the truck started whistling again, and I thought oh great. Brought it right back to them and the tech took it for a drive and then smoke tested the exhaust. Definately a crack in my up pipe. They said they would have to order the pipe and they would call me when it came in. Two weeks have came and went and still no pipe. They told me it was fine to drive as is, but my fuel mileage has dropped 3mpg and the whistle is giving me a head ache. Is this going to cause any other damage having this leak. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM

I was told by a damn good tech to install an 04 up pipe they are better for the 05 - 07 trucks . I was told my baffels might be leaking cause i get a real foul smell from my exhaust . When the smell hits you it will make you turn your head and hold your breath,wierd huh. Does your truck have a bad smell on start up or at any point ? Have them put an 04 up pipe in there ...
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM

definately smells bad when I first start it up. Wasn't aware there are baffles in the pipe. The sound is like a belt slipping but a hundred times louder and it is intermitent
Old 06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
information regurgitator

jay diesel:
Go pop your hood and while the engine is cold, run your hand around the turbo-to-y pipe connection. You want to run it around the turbo flange side of the connection. I bet thats your REAL leak. If your hand turns black, you know you've found it.

Tell me if this is a good description:
You will not get boost very easy and the hiss is so loud at times it sounds like a street sweeper. At idle it will be intermittent. A soft hiss and builds a little, then drops to nothing on occasion.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
jay diesel:
Go pop your hood and while the engine is cold, run your hand around the turbo-to-y pipe connection. You want to run it around the turbo flange side of the connection. I bet thats your REAL leak. If your hand turns black, you know you've found it.

Tell me if this is a good description:
You will not get boost very easy and the hiss is so loud at times it sounds like a street sweeper. At idle it will be intermittent. A soft hiss and builds a little, then drops to nothing on occasion.
wow, have you been driving my truck. That is a perfect description. I am going to check that flange today. If that is where the leak is Iam going to go postal two weeks with this obnoxious sound and they don't even need to order anything to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.