Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

missing, white smoke at take off

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Acidsniper 
#1 ·
Hello i have a 05 F-250 brought home today from storage, on way home noticed alittle smoke on take off from light when i arrived the truck started missing/running rough as i pulled in the drive way. i shut off the truck let it set for a min or so and tried starting it again and wouldnt start and acted like it was flooded. let it set again for 30 or so and tried to start again this time it cranked and cranked and finaly started but still missing and when you rev up white smoke appears truck has 36k on it bone stock besided straight pipe have had turbo rebuilt do to coke up not really familar with the 6.0 yet would like some advise on where to start before the dreaded call to dealership.

Thankx

#3 ·
How long was it in storage? The 6.0 doesn't like sitting in the barn for long periods of time. If it's been sitting for a while I'd do an oil change, fuel filters change and get some new gas in it ASAP for starters. After you've done that, drive it like you stole it for a couple of days to loosen up any soot / carbon and get those turbo vanes articulating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.