2006 FORD F-350 6.0l WONT START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 FORD F-350 6.0l WONT START

hELLO GUYS, WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT, MY 2006 F350 DIESEL IS MY SERVICE TRUCK AND IS CURRENTLY SITTING IN THE BUSH AT MY JOB SITE WITH A NO FUEL PROBLEM,
IT SPUTTERED A BIT AND SURGED AND WHEN I SHUT IT DOWN IT WILL NOT RE FIRE, IT IS GETTING NO FUEL THROUGH THE INJECTORS,
LAST SUMMER I HAD THE HPOP REPLACED JUST AS THE WARRANTY RAN OUT And they did the stc mod to the hpop. I have a edge evolution programmer on it as well and pulled the code P2285, replaced the sensor and connector, still no fuel, looked into the ficm and it is working propperly, any other suggestions, it will run with a snuff of heether and thats it. ( ps i am apprenticing under my dad to be a heavy equipment diesel mechanic and so far kinda ambarassed i cant get our service truck fixed) the nearest dealer is about 300 miles away)
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

Check the connector to the icp sensor... It could be bad. Once you replaced it, cleared the codes, did you get any other codes.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

changed the connector at the same time as the icp, no start , no code, no fuel still
Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

Is the fuel pump working? What is the fuel pressure? If you suspect the icp? Unplug it and see if it will start. Other common free checks are the ebps on the driver's exhaust manifold, if it shorts, it will cause a no start/stall situation, you could unplug it and see if it will start. Try the same with the fan clutch connector.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Premium Member

What do you mean, and how do you know "IT IS GETTING NO FUEL THROUGH THE INJECTORS"?

Is there fuel in the upper filter housing, and can you here the pump run at first key on?
How about the lube oil level? Too high or way too low could be a clue.

What does "looked into the ficm and it is working propperly" mean? You measured the voltage and it was 48 KOEO, didn't fall below 40 while cranking etc...

How well does it run on ether, and quit using ether. WD40 will work well and without the whooof you could get with ether on an engine with glow plugs.

Cranking speed seem fine?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah the upper filter is full of fuel, the pump is running you can hear it, volt checked the ficm it was at spec, changed the connector and the icp, it was running started surging so I shut it off at the job site when I went to re start wont go.
runs good on a small amount of heether, I haven gave it too much.

also oil level is good, and seems to be cranking fine,
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Serving Our Country!

check the ipr
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not wanting to "Butt in". But I'm needing help bad having similar issue's with same truck "Except 250". I've tried to google a way to check oil pressure at the icp. all I found is about the adaptor. Well I went to a hydraulic hose store and bought a adaptor (12x1.5 to 1/8 npt ) to work with fuel pressure kit I rented from AZ. I have read that it will work on the icp sensor port as well for checking the 500psi start up requirements. But where do you get a gage that read up to 4000psi ? I've read about the air pressure test at the HPOP pump itself but if I get over 500psi at the icp port the ipr should be working right? I had the air intake pipe off and sprayed WD-40 and mine won't start on that. Oh by the way I did have 52lbs of fuel pressure. Need help Go reservation at beach next week. Would like to be able to at least pay for the fuel there and back. LOL! There was oil in the icp sensore when I removed it that is normal right?

Checked so far:
batteries individually--Alternator---unplugged icp---fan clutch---Ebp on manifold---fuel in bowl---wire chafing---fuel pressure--ficm just repaired last night with not seeing anything out of the ordinary---Oh I've put a little over 600 miles on it since a egr delete/ oil cooler mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.