Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2003 F350 crew cab 4x4

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mountainlander 
#1 ·
Hey, guy's new here. I have searched the pages and not found my particular problem, so here goes.
Two oil changes back I noticed some oil on the bottom of the bellhousing and back of the oil pan and either side of the block under the manifold's
I am not losing any oil according to the dipstick, I have popped the inspection bung in the bell housing and there is no puddle of oil in there, so I figured it is not the rear main? any ideas?

I have 87400 miles on it and this is the first problem I have had but there is constantly oil on the underside of my truck,obviously no warranty left so I am getting a little worried.

#2 ·
first of all, oil leaks from the main engine are covered for 5 years, or 100,000 miles...with a $100 deductable...so your oil leaks are warrantied with a deductable......now as far as whats leaking.....if it seems to be dripping off the heads, and there is no oil inside the bellhousing you can tell.....then i would suspect something on top of the motor in the "valley" is leaking and then drianing down the back of the motor. the most common leak is the blue hose that attatches to the turbo. a slight leak there is actually normal...although sometimes it developes into a little larger leak, wich will actually drip to the ground off of the bellhousing. my reccomonedation is to take it in. it will cost you a hundred dollar deductable....but that will cover you in case they dont fix it right..........then it will be on them to get it right....the only exemption to that is if your cam sensor o ring is leaking...it is basically right behind the powersterring pump on hte bottom of the motor...it will cause smilar concerns.....and is only warrantied for 50,000 miles for oil leaks........Marc

#6 ·
Join up as premium member and they are a perk... As is the free info we get from all the Ford techs that post on here.

You know, give a little, get a little....:wink[3]:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.