Puking, still have heat and EGR deleted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Puking, still have heat and EGR deleted

The last 2 months I have been keeping the boost under 22 because I was getting problems with the map sensor, with no signs of puking. See this thread P0069 -13f outside

I went on a long trip with lots of hills and traffic, I let the boost get up to 28 a few times but only a few drops out of the degas cap on the way down. On the way back same thing but the puking got so bad the underside of the hood got a good spray of coolant. The oil temps always stayed within 7 deg of the coolant but the outside temps were in the -20C to -30C range on the trip. Would that throw off the idea of oil temps getting high with a plugged oil cooler?

Once boost gets over 23 the Ex stutters ever so slightly for a second then stops.

I have lots of heat and not much coolant loss.

Is it head gaskets, oil cooler or degas cap?

Any thoughts on the MAP sensor? I still haven't had the time to clean it out as the warmest day off I have had it was -13C outside and I have no heat in the garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there any oil in the coolant? If not, I'm guessing your oil coolers ok. What level are you running your coolant at? Try replacing the cap. If that don't work, HG's I'm afraid. After sitting all night, is there still alot of pressure in the system in the morning? Thats a good sign of the system being overpressurized do to HG's.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 PM

No oil in the coolant. Gonna go buy a new cap tomorrow and try again.
Running the coolant at the level given on the updated sticker.
If it is the head gaskets how far can I drive if I keep the boost down? The shop I am thinking of taking her to if it is head gaskets is 60mi away.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

You should be fine driving that far. Mine was puking for quite a while before I took it in. Just keep coolant in it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcalvin View Post
You should be fine driving that far. Mine was puking for quite a while before I took it in. Just keep coolant in it.
agreed, the last time mine went, I drove 5 months on blown HG. I was going thru a gallon of coolant a day at the end I kept 5 gallons of coolant in my toolbox at all times
Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunninpig View Post
agreed, the last time mine went, I drove 5 months on blown HG. I was going thru a gallon of coolant a day at the end I kept 5 gallons of coolant in my toolbox at all times
Ok that is good to hear, its gonna be 2-3 weeks till I get her into the shop.
On the plus side I will be getting a Powermax and a new 4" exhaust at the same time!!!

I am thinking of going back to the factory tune to see if I can see any change, Vivian's street tune builds a lot of boost (seen 35 with this tune).
Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Ok just started it up and there is a few drips of coolant coming out of the tail pipe while it is idling...still drivable or is that how I end up burning a piston?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 PM

Im going on 9 months of a 30-45 minute commute on a blown head gasket, dont have any coolant coming out of the tail pipe and have kept the level up. I know Im on borrowed time just have had to wait to scrape the cash together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.