No start help please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start help please

So here's my story. An injector went out over a week ago and I got the AE and a thermometer to verify which one. Changed out the injector over the weekend and it wouldn't fire up. Checked fuel in bowl and it was dry. Took out lower filter put them back in and got fuel. It fired up and ran smooth. Monday I fired it up and let it idle for about 20 minutes with no problems. Started it a few hours later and it ran itself dry again. Removed both filters again and now have fuel again. Now she won't start. Did a buzz test and only 2 injectors buzz the rest just click (test was successful though). The only code I have is Po232 Fuel pump secondary circuit high. Does this mean I need 6 more injectors and a fuel pump? Do I have crap somewhere causing a blockage?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by Harley10; 02-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 AM

Well it looks like this is all my fault. My check engine light was already on because I deleted the EGR a couple of months ago and didn't get the latest flash and new SCT tune to clear that up. So I'm guessing that P0232 code was out there warning me but my CEL was already on. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge and the rough running must have been from the low fuel pressure which caused the first injector failure. I figured the below zero temps were my problem. It's no surprise to me that I have to learn the hard way. Any one want to donate 6 injectors?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

just to cover all bases, check out the troubleshooting a no start condition thread in my sig. Multi injection failure could be caused by other problems like low fuel pressure or a bad FICM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Fuel pump did the trick. Fired right up and all seems good. Just waiting on my sending unit adapter to install the pressure gauge now. The FICM had already checked out good. I took it apart for inspection the first time it was down just to make sure it was ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.