"Diesel Induction Service"- really? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 02:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Diesel Induction Service"- really?

Is this a too good to be true answer to EGR and Oil Cooler problem?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
for heavily carboned intakes that tool will have no effect. you will still need to remove the intake and either pressure wash it or have it hot tanked. if you've never done it before you wouldn't even believe how hard it is to remove the sludge and buildup on an intake. solvents alone aren't enough

i actually have a similar version at work i'm supposed to "upsell". i see no value in selling it
Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Thanks for your input Sinner. I can see it working for a fairly new truck with minimal build-up.
I bought my truck at 117K and now have 126K and am just now finding out about all of these problems. Way too late for the solvent clean.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke Techie

my intake at 55k was so sludged up i used solvent and unregulated shop air to blow most of the **** out of it and i still didn't get it all. i don't know what the previous owner used for fuel but it wasn't good.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think it's absolutely absurd that so much expensive maint. is required to keep this engine running properly. What the hell are engineers thinking..... dumping sooty exhaust into filtered intake air to reduce emissions. Look at all the crap this sooty exhaust screws up! Seems like the exhaust needs to be filtered before dumping it back into the intake or something. It just never ceases to amaze me the number of things they didn't get quite right with this engine before dumping it into the consumers lap. Seems like they are still figuring it out. D#$% EGR valve!!!!! They have freakin' expensive filters on everything, Oil, 2 for the fuel, and one the size of a smart car for the intake air so not a single speck of any kind of contaminate get into the engine and after all that dump nasty, sooty, black exhaust back into this beautifully filtered beast. I guess I need to be an engineer to understand the lack of common sense in this scenerio
Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 PM

You can give engineers degrees but you can't give them common sense.
Has there never been a class action lawsuit for all of these problems? Is it too late?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 AM

There have been and will always be dumb designs. Look at the dipstick adapter on a 7.3l. Everything looks good on CAD and blueprints. There are so many benefits to an EGR delete.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Powerstroke Techie

6.4s actually use a small diesel oxidation catalyst on the egr up-pipe. doesn't seem to solve a whole lot. the valves still stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by morales_09 View Post
Has there never been a class action lawsuit for all of these problems? Is it too late?
there have been several failed attempts and i don't think there will ever be any successful ones. too many claims are a result of lack of maintenance.

Last edited by sinner6.0L; 02-20-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpu1983 View Post
There have been and will always be dumb designs. Look at the dipstick adapter on a 7.3l. Everything looks good on CAD and blueprints. There are so many benefits to an EGR delete.
Actually, I've got nothing against cleaning up the exhaust so we can breathe clean air. Obviously if the engine can't breathe it's own exhaust I can't either. Just seems they would find a way to clean it up before dumping it into the already filtered intake air. Just seems like prevention is a better approach than tearing apart the engine to clean it every 20 to 50 thousand miles. A simple fluid style filter like the way a rainbow vacuum works would be a good simple start. Maybe using your used oil from your last oil change or something like that. I don't know, I'm no engineer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.