Knocking post egr problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Knocking post egr problem

Need a little help! Background.. 05 E350 150kish miles. Was being driven by someone else. Stated truck just shut down????? Pulled codes. #3 & 5 inj. replaced. Attempted to start truck but would only turn over and stop. Figured some oil leaked on the pistons. Pulled #3 & 5 glow plugs and no change. Pulled #5 and blew liquid out. Reinstalled gplugs and truck started up. 1 min into running noticed heavy white smoke. Checked degas and yep, you guessed it sucking it dry, EGR rupture. Sat 1 wk waiting on EGR delete. Delete installed. Turned engine over and would almost stop on a constant compression stroke not sure which cylinder. pulled # 5 and 7 gplug and blew liquid out, smelled more like fuel than antifreeze. Started trurk up, then the knocking started. Very loud, so loud you almost can't sit in the cab w/ the dogbox off. Still blowing white smoke with no change in the degas bottle level. Knocking will stop at about 1800rpms and start back around 2500. What now??? Sorry to be so long winded but want to make sure i gave all the details. Thanks for any info... and
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

It sounds like an injector(s) is just dumping raw fuel into the cylinder. Which could be the cause of the hydrolock, but also the cause of excess white smoke. Hopefully you didn't bend a connecting rod by hydrolocking the motor.

Last edited by dieselkane; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thats what I'm worried about. If i pull the gplugs again and find heavy fuel in one cylinder then disconnect that inj. along with disconnecting the ficm that should give me the bad inj.?? right?. If it still knocks then I guess that will be all bad... Time for the short block. If there are better or easier ways I'm all ears.. in this case eyes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.