03 hpop replacement - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok, thx for the heads up on the harness. I guess I'll price it out.

oh and also for anyone wondering, the truck initially was a no start with only approx 360 psi in the high pressure system. The HPOP replacement fixed it. The electrical problem manifested during the hpop replacement.

I might not have been perfectly clear on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler1 View Post
Thanks for the information,
I searched around a bit but didnt find anywhere that stated exactly that.

Maybe I missed it, I was reading alot on diagnosing to refresh myself also, my brain was a bit overloaded though too

I am starting reassembly today. Yesterday I went ahead and split the turbo for cleaning. Also installed a new oil cooler, a Maxxforce unit.

I have a new discharge pipe to go on the new HPOP, figured might as well put a new one on.

Thanks again for saving me the hassle of pulling the valve covers to find out.
I'll post back when I get it running this afternoon.

(btw, I've surfed around here quite a bit in the past few months, all you guys are amazing, great site, wealth of information. I dont work on diesels very often but when have this site has made it much easier. I'll look into making a donation/subscription it's been worth it)
This little item here is hard to get any information on ... when you replaced that discharge pipe, how did you disconnect it? I know it bolts to the HPOP, but it swivels to the left after that, & I'm not sure how to get mine off after that. Is it supposed to be really loose? Does it just pull out? Did it have an oring in there too to replace? Appreciate your help......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.