Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help me make a part list. i think i blow my headgasget... -03 6.0 powerstroke

5K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  juzatheman 
#1 ·
hi. like the title says i think got blown head gasget..

outdoor temp is here Finland now -6'f and my coolant temp stays in 188'f
but no heat to cabin... and there come coolant between the degassbottle cap.
if i let the engine idle and open the degasbottle cap and release the pressure off, and close the cap and let the engine idle about 3-5min. the pressure rise again very high. and because the coolant temp is not rised i think there shoud not come lots of pressure in that time. and if i hit the road normal driving again there come coolant over the degasbottle...
if in park and rise the rpm there starts to come heat to cabin and allso if drive with rpm:s up on the road but when rpms are lower than 1500 heat turns to cold air.

so i am pretty sure that the cylinder pressure goes to coolant system and i think that the problem is in the head/s gasget.

so now i make a list what i need for this work.
and i hope you people can help me with this list.
cause i need to have evrything i need before i start the job.
i will do this work in my auto garage where i work as a car mechanic.
problem is that i have to do this work in two days because i cant hold one lift longer. i need it to repair customers cars, so i cant aford situations that i dont have some part what i need.

part list:
-head gasgets
-intakemanifold gasgets
-exhaustmanifold gasgets
-valve cover gasgets
-cylinderhead bolts (maby arp)

do i need to remove the injectors? cause all of them are just 8 months ago replaced. so do i need new o-rings?
and anything else what comes to mind.

i am open to suggestions.

See less See more
#28 ·
Beer didn' do the trick... Sunday i got hangover..and monday i was sick as last friday.

Monday and tuesday i didn't got so much time to work with truck , but i did manage to get high preassure stand pipes,oil lines,valve covers,water pump and turbo back to truck.

I hope tomorrow i got more time and maby get near to try start the truck...

If all goes well i can drive the truck home next friday and start my winter holiday.. i hope.

#30 ·
Nearly there... only front grill,batterys and coolant then ready to start engine!

After double check that evrything is ok.

I hope evrything is in order, and no problems occurd..

Look's like i'm going to get my winter holiday break before summer =)

I did fill the HPOP oil reservoir,stand pipes and oil rails with new oil while assemble the engine.

if that helps a little to get preassure up fast to injectors.

I'm not sure, but i think i read somewhere that it is possible to break IPR after oil cooler or HG. job ...

I just try to figure out why that can happen? I understand if there goes something what doesn't belong there...

Can the IPR damage if there are air in HPOP oil system, and the regulator get preassure impact from the air in the system???...

Any last time pointers is welcome..

after 12 hours i'm planing to turn the key...
(first on and off many times to get fuel to system before crankin the engine)

#32 ·
That's the best news I've had all day. Good job dude. Enjoy your holiday.

#38 ·
It works. That's a LOT of pictures. How did you find time to do any work? :)

#39 ·
O realy? i think there is just too few..
If i only could had some more time, i had take ten times more picks.
From evry part and phase of work.

i just look photos over again and evry time it looks like more and more are missing...

Maby dissemble and assemble the engine again to get better photos...

Seriously i hope i never have to do that job again.

Realy big job...

Unless someone is paying me to do that.

P.S: if you like to see some of my other cars klick the text KUVAT over the FORD EXCURSION text there open folder COMMO there is few picks and folders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.