'05 loss of power, stalling, no smoke, PO263 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 loss of power, stalling, no smoke, PO263

I first noticed a problem at highway speed when I tried to pass someone. I stomped on the throttle and nothing. About a mile later I slowed down to stop and it stalled. It took about 10 tries to restart it, ran like crap, wouldn't go over 25-30 mph. Help, throws code PO263
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like #1 cylinder injector is either clogged, shorted or is toast. P0263 is the #1 injector. That would be passenger side first cylinder.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucer View Post
Sounds like #1 cylinder injector is either clogged, shorted or is toast. P0263 is the #1 injector. That would be passenger side first cylinder.
My truck has 145,000 miles on it, I've done new heads w/ studs, EGR delete, new oil cooler,SCT Live tuner, 4 inch exhaust, new FICM,Cam sensor, crank sensor, new tires, all in past 8 months. If the #1 injector needs replaced, should I replace all of them now or wait until each one craps out? I am honestly sick of pouring money into this truck, I just sit around waiting for the next thing to break. Oh, the horn button is screwed up too, $390 plus labor, I'm loving life!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM

No you don't replace all of them. Do you use any fuel or oil additives? What year is your truck? Do you live in a cold environment? These may sound like silly or invasive questions but, knowing what you deal with and what you do to the engine helps to guide you to an economical solution. The fact that your pulling P0263 does not necessarily mean that it is shot just yet. Worst case scenario you may have to replace the one injector, but not until you know that it is indeed gone bye, bye.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
No you don't replace all of them. Do you use any fuel or oil additives? What year is your truck? Do you live in a cold environment? These may sound like silly or invasive questions but, knowing what you deal with and what you do to the engine helps to guide you to an economical solution. The fact that your pulling P0263 does not necessarily mean that it is shot just yet. Worst case scenario you may have to replace the one injector, but not until you know that it is indeed gone bye, bye.
I just finished using a case of Stanadyne last week, I used half a bottle (8 oz. ) per fillup for the last 24 fillups. My truck is an '05, F250 Lariat, crew cab, long bed, 4 inch lift. I live in central Florida, I do no towing or performance driving. I use a custom economy tune from Sinister , but I'm actually getting worse fuel mileage since I had the heads, studs, EGR delete done,using the SCT tuner, and started using the Stanadyne.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Stanadyne is a highly rated fuel additive and good. Do you change your oil regularly and what type viscosity? Believe it or not, oil can have a significant impact on injectors if the oil is allowed to remain in the engine for prolonged periods beyond scheduled oil changes. Do you work on your truck or do you have a mechanic?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Stanadyne is a highly rated fuel additive and good. Do you change your oil regularly and what type viscosity? Believe it or not, oil can have a significant impact on injectors if the oil is allowed to remain in the engine for prolonged periods beyond scheduled oil changes. Do you work on your truck or do you have a mechanic?
I have a mechanic change it every 5000 miles. I did go over by about 900 miles this last time.Oil change was just done this past Monday. I can't remember what oil he's putting in, what should it be?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 AM

Probably 15W-40 is what he's putting in. 5K between oil changes is good also as long as you stick with that schedule for non-synthetic blend oils. I run synthetic Rotella T6 5W-40, but I am also running RevX oil additive to eliminate stiction of the injectors. So far, regardless of the weather elements, this baby fires up and runs smooth consistently. Since you have a mechanic, I suggest you have him look at it and determine whether the injector is shot. Also talk to him about preventive measures to protect all injectors. Injectors on the 6.0 deal with constant high oil pressure flow and it is important that the oil filtration of the system to remain clean so it will properly lubricate the injectors. Also, fuel does play a key role in damage to the injectors i.e. poor, dirty or running the truck empty of fuel can damage the injectors. I run Lucas injector cleaner/lubricator on every fill up to help keep the injector free of crud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.