Pics of my project (not dialup friendly) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Pics of my project (not dialup friendly)

Too bad I cant figure out the no start or the coolant leak. I am convinced its fuel related but Ive decided to take the weekend off from working on it. Im too frustrated to think clearly and its too dang cold here so Ill re attack it next week. Im prolly gonna pull the cab again to fix the intake coolant leak but I really need to hear it run for some motivation first. 90% of all the work on this truck was done solo. I got help putting the heads on from a more experienced mechanic friend and he also helped me remove and replace the cab.
Caleb
TX Aggie 2012

Where I think the coolant leak is, o ring Ford sold me first and the source I think.

Random

And a pic of me so if you ever run across me in Aggieland say hi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry to hear about the truck. did you pull the cab because its easier than pulling the engine?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Yes sir. I spent four hours one day trying to get the turbo off and then I decided to take the cab off. Had the cab off in about 5 hours after I unhooked way too much stuff that didnt need to be disconnected. Sure made installing the new heads and studs easy! I had the cab re attached by myself in about two hours. I should have done the bare minimum until it started but you live you learn. Once it gets above freezing here again Im gonna pull her back off and try again.
Caleb
Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

If you believe your coolant leak is sourced from the O-ring you pictured, why in the world would you pull your cab again? That is if I am understanding you correctly?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 PM

I think itd be easier than pulling the turbo and intake at this point, Ill give it a try though. Now that Ive seen every nook and cranny and know what to look for it may be easier. Thats the oring I mentioned the other day that sits under the intake between the water pump. I got to thinking today and the leak very well "could" be from the oil cooler cover. Its just too dang cold for me to care right now but I will keep you guys up to date.
Caleb
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey man. I know of at least 3 more guys here in College Station that wouldn't mind helping you out/kicking a tire/drinking a beer/cussin' at your truck with you.
Shoot me a text sometime if'n you want 806-898-0167
-Ben (Class of 2012)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 AM

You have to remove that stuff anyways, I've had my turbo out 3 times, deleted the egr cooler and most recently rebuilt my oil cooler so I'm familiar with that little bugger. Not the most brilliant idea they could've come up with the coolers coolant return but I'm sure theres short cuts even to target that ring specifcally and be in there less than half a day.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Thumbs up Shes running!!!!

and still leaking coolant... Good news was/is they were both caused by my hurry up stupidity and one is fixed the other will be on Monday!!! I had the wiring harness that goes to the fuel pump hooked up wrong. Then after removing the alternator and getting out my pocket mirror guess what I can see??? I somehow got that 80 dollar o ring out of the holder and pinched it inbetween the intake and the water pump. All I can say is that several lessons were learned and Im glad I did all this work myself in the end. Ill go get a new oring Monday and have it all back together soon. Im gonna pull the turbo and intake and not the cab for those wondering. It shouldnt be too bad now that Ive seen it all and that the bolts arent rusted in place.

Ben, yea man Ill give ya a shout sometime. Once the weather warms up, this global warming crap is killing me!!!!!

Caleb
Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great job, I did mine myself with the Cab on. I took my time and like you had to fix a few minor things, but thats to be expected.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Looks good. I remember last winter we had my neighbors 6.0l torn apart. Turned out to be a bad STC fitting. You definitely have no idea how much stuff is on those 6.0ls until you tear into one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.