trucks seems slower ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
trucks seems slower ?

it seems that my truck may have a little less power . i replaced my turbo just before christmas and havent had a chance to really get on the skinny pedal since its been snowing here like crazy . i still drive it like i own it but not like i stole it . anyway before i replaced the turbo i punched it quite a bit and it was scary fast . now its still fast but doesnt seem quite as fast as before . i am pretty sure i dont have and exhaust leaks at the turbo . is this a common problem when switching turbos ? i used a reman as a replacement from a reputable shop in my area . maybe its just me , just wanted to ask if anyone else has had or heard of this before . it could be the wet pavement subconciously keeps me from punching it to hard .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The cold air robs us of mileage and performance....
Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacooks View Post
The cold air robs us of mileage and performance....
I don't believe that is entirely correct. Colder, more dense air will create more power. Winter blend fuel will cause some performance loss and poor mileage though.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am not as verbose as others, so given the fact that the cold weather and changes in temperature below freezing leads to the use of winter blend fuel, more strain on the motor and injectors when starting in the cold, longer warm up time and the fact that we have more unburnt fuel being wasted out the tailpipe, some fuel filter icing issues and gelling would rob us of our performance... But I do agree that cold dense air does help with performance... in a perfect world...
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Maybe you got used to it. If I dont floor it in my truck for a while it feels fast then after a few days of driving like a boner it feels slow again.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
Maybe you got used to it. If I dont floor it in my truck for a while it feels fast then after a few days of driving like a boner it feels slow again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacooks View Post
I am not as verbose as others, so given the fact that the cold weather and changes in temperature below freezing leads to the use of winter blend fuel, more strain on the motor and injectors when starting in the cold, longer warm up time and the fact that we have more unburnt fuel being wasted out the tailpipe, some fuel filter icing issues and gelling would rob us of our performance... But I do agree that cold dense air does help with performance... in a perfect world...
Idling and winter blend will make for lower mpg, and the fuel helps contribute to less performance, not the cold air. Put some additive in the fuel that helps with gelling and to boost cetane and your performance will improve even with winter blend. I do see your point by the cold air, but it's not the cold air into the engine that hurts performance, it's because it's harder to keep the engine at operating temp. Is that what you meant?

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 02-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.